Breathe Better September is a national campaign to raise awareness of respiratory conditions in New Zealand.
You can follow them on Facebook.
You might like to challenge yourself to improve the health of your lungs by setting yourself a task that will help to keep your lungs active and healthy during September.
Here are some ideas for what might work for you:
- Doing yoga or practicing meditation every day for the month
- Going for a walk every day
- Going swimming each week
- Training and competing in a running race
- Taking your medications as prescribed and creating a good routine (if you are not doing so already)
- If you are a smoker, you could set the challenge to quit
- Eating 5+ fruit and vegetables a day
Did you know that 521,000 people in New Zealand take medication for asthma? If you are having problems controlling your asthma, speak to your GP or GASP trained nurse.
Date posted: 2 September, 2018