We are looking for a Practice Nurse!
Waitakere Union Health Centre is a unique nurse led General Practice, serving a high needs population, we offer free service to children, people over 65 years old and union members(including their families).
We are looking for a full time Practice Nurse from 9-5pm, Monday to Friday. We do not work on weekends of public holidays.
This position involves comprehensive nursing and assessments, our practice is busy, fun and provides endless opportunity for expansion of your knowledge and nursing skills. Our ideal candidate will be experienced, but the ability to learn quickly is just as important. You will need to have up to date knowledge of common chronic health conditions, and also the ability to assess acutely unwell patients.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A current APC & CPR Certificate
- Experience using Medtechh32 or similar PMS
- Prior General Practice experience
- Proficiency in all areas of practice nursing including immunisations and cervical smears (preferable)
- Be a team player who is also dedicated, and show initiative
Successful applicant must pass a police check before you start work
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Free parking for staff, access to Hospital Cafe, Cornerstone accredited.
Dr Siobhan Trevallyan
Date posted: 7 September, 2021